Accepting The Liebster Award
WOW!!! In the brief blogging experience of two months, I get my very FIRST AWARD, the Liebster Award.
First of all, let me thank Polomi for nominating me and giving me this wonderful opportunity. I found her blog recently and simply loved it. Her writings are lucid and appeals to one’s heart spontaneously. I love to read her posts and recommend her blog to all of those reading this post. ‘It’s certainly worth a try!‘ 🙂
Many of you might ask what is a Liebster Award. According to Wisdom’s Quill, it’s an award that is designed to encourage new bloggers (less than 200 followers) on their journey to blogging greatness. You will find more about it here.
Here are my answers to Polomi’s questions:
- What is your favorite color?
It has to be red. Red represents intense passion, will power, determination and the ability to get the job done. It expresses love through flower (Rose <3), represents both seductive (as in red saree) and spiritual (as people bear as red tilak in their forehead) side and also signifies bravery in Indian Culture. At times, I find my life smeared with the qualities of this color.
- What is the funniest secret you ever hid?
Well, I couldn’t think of hiding any secret. However, I remember hiding an object.
(Note: EXPLICIT CONTENT FOLLOWS 😛)
It was like almost a decade ago, back in college days. I had a group of friends then and it so happened that we had the opportunity to grab hold of an adult book. We were all swaying our eyes through the contents and suddenly the father of one of my friend (also present in the group) walked in. We only know with how much difficulty and sheer skill (and a little bit of luck), we managed to hide it. We were saved that day. 🙂
- Who is the person you love the most in your life?
I love my parents the most. I know sometimes people say that it is quite obvious, but I feel that we take their love for granted most of the time. We owe our very existence to them. And I am proud to say that again, whatever I am, it is because of them and I am lucky to be theirs.
- Which book would you love to read again?
I very much like to read the books of the 19th century authors. I won’t say there is only one book, there are many -Oliver Twist (Charles Dickens), Around the world in 80 days (Jules Verne), Kidnapped (Robert Louis Stevenson) to name a few – which I would love to read again. Their story is written in simple language and yet are enticing enough to bind you to the edge of your seat. That is reason why their novels are still very popular in every age group.
- Which movie got you to think about the purpose of your life?
Well, recently I watched a movie, If I stay and I was deeply moved by it. The story tells about a sudden life change occurring in the life of a young Mia Hall (played by Chlöe Grace Moretz) after a car accident that puts her in a coma. During an out-of-body experience, she must decide whether to wake up and live a life far different than she had imagined. The choice is hers if she can go on. The movie moved me in a sense that how I view my life. Life is unpredictable and so we have to live our life in the present and to the fullest extent possible.
- What is the most important thing that you wish to do before you die?
Most important thing I wish to do…hmm. I wish to travel the whole world. I love going to different places, watch the beauty of the world, enjoy it. Sitting on a beach, staying at a hill station or exploring through the greenness of nature gives me peace and happiness. Sadly, traveling has to wait now(I am not financially that strong 🙂), but I definitely will go, someday. 🙂
- Which song is the one that you cannot go without listening since last week?
Being in India, I love Bollywood songs and my favorite is All is well (from 3 Idiots). This song reminds me of the fact that no matter what may happen in life, good or bad, if you calm your heart and say everything’s gonna be alright, then you’ll find out the courage to deal with it.
- If you had the chance to marry just about anyone, who would that person be?
If I had a chance, then I would marry Natalie Portman <3. I just love everything about her – her face, cuteness, voice, her acting – everything. 🙂
- Which inspirational quote has touched your soul the most?
It is a saying of Lord Buddha and it goes like this – You can only lose what you cling to. This quote has made my life easier in some of the most turbulent times of my life.
- Name one celebrity who inspires you the most.
The life of Sylvester Stallone inspires me the most. This life is a story of failures and yet he transformed himself to a successful actor. His life is quite motivational and as he said, it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving on. That’s how winning is done. You can read more about his success story here. I am sure it will inspire many of you, just like me.
- Name a social networking site that you cannot live without.
Facebook. I check it many times in a day. Although I don’t update that many times (I am too lazy), I love to check out what my friends are up to and it is a great way of connecting with people.
Now, here is my list of nominees:
Dear nominees, I would like you to ask the following questions:
- Which is the one place you visit to forget about all your worries?
- What is your favorite color?
- What do you find inspiring about writing (or blogging)?
- Who is your role model.
- What is your favorite movie.
- If you’ve the power of invisibility for one day, what will you do?
- If you could have any job in the world, which one would you want?
- What is your favorite song?
- If you are about to write a book, what would it be about?
- Tell one craziest (or stupidest) thing you have done.
- If you have to describe yourself in one sentence, what would that be?
LASTLY, let me tell you the rules of The Liebster Award
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions created by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees of their nomination for the award.
Thank you again, Polomi, for nominating me for this award. Please do check out the links of all my nominees…
©2015 Amrit. All rights reserved